There are days that go bad, I was prepared for that. Heck, I even had my mind wrapped around having an injury, at least then I could curse the running gods in peace.
But, no… there is nothing wrong with me. In fact, I am feeling strong, at least physically.
My problem these days is in my head.
I am just not loving it. And I am not sure why. It just feels like a grind, and not in a good way.
Since I have been feeling like this for at least 3 weeks. I think that it is time for some intervention. Time to get some good old motivation.
- Watch some Videos : this one with Jenn Shelton is one of my favorites. I love how raw it is
OUTSIDE VOICES from the Wolpertinger on Vimeo.
- Find a running buddy: I think that sometimes we get stuck on running by ourselves. It is so much easier not to work around someone else’s schedule. But, running should be social. Heck, some of the best sparks I have received is from new runners. They get so excited about all the little things we
bitterseasoned runners ignore.
- Read a book : This is probably my favorite way. So many good books to read. Here are a few-
- Look at some photos: I like to look at old photos of my races, but I have occasionaly looked at photos of races that are on the bucket list.
- Try something else: Sometimes the best move is to just back off for awhile. Maybe do some cross-training or even a week off. Despite what you might think your fitness is not going to go to hell if you take a break.
Anyways those are my tips, have any that you would like to share?